What is NewsLabTurkey
NewsLabTurkey is an organization that aims to provide training to corporate and individual actors in the Turkish journalism industry and future journalists on journalism practices and to keep them informed of developments in the field. Continuing its activities as a project of the Digital Media Research Association, NewsLabTurkey’s activities have been supported by institutions such as The Guardian Foundation, SIDA, the Swedish Institute and the Swedish Consulate General.
- Promoting professionalism in Turkey’s media landscape.
- Promoting technological advancements rooted in Turkey’s media industry.
- Promoting freedom of speech and open debate in Turkey’s media landscape.
- Training Turkey-based media professionals in their field.
- Providing training sets for Turkey-based digital news outlets on new media and content management.
- Providing consultancy to media and civil society actors in Turkey.